My Blog List

Saturday 26 June 2010

The Adventures of John Daker.

I have terrible dreams. My life is very ordinary and dull but I have terrible dreams. I’m glad I can’t remember them. Terrible but unmemorable. Story of my fucking life; a parable of non-personality.

This morning I woke up and listened to the radio for an hour before getting up to take my tablets with a cup of coffee. I drank the coffee in bed whilst completing a crossword. And reading a book. And listening to the radio.

At 2 o’clock I had lunch. I microwaved the remains of yesterday’s dinner. Living on my own I always cook enough for two or three meals and have to eat the same thing over and over again. Sometimes I remember to freeze things so I can have a bit of variety. Sometimes I don’t eat. I’m grown up and I can do whatever the hell I want. I make the rules in my castle.

I spent the afternoon doing crosswords. And reading. And listening to the radio. In bed.

About eight I had a pizza. I ate it in bed.

Then I read. And listened to the radio. And did crosswords. I thought about having a bath but couldn’t be bothered.

At 10 I tuned my guitar but didn’t play it due to an ongoing lack of real interest.

Apart from visits to the loo and kitchen I didn’t leave my bedroom all day. I have a nice front room but didn’t go there. Perhaps it will disappear. Things do sometimes. And people. Or perhaps it’s me who’s disappearing. Would anyone notice? Would I? I haven’t had any visitors for ten days and it’s two weeks since I went out/ Except to the shop. I don’t suppose the people at the shop would notice if I disappeared.

Then it’s 4 o’clock in the morning and I can’t sleep and I’m wondering if I’ve disappeared. I think about all the interesting and exciting things I could have done today; fuck it! I like staying in bed. Except when I have terrible dreams. I don’t like them.

I don’t like much to be honest. Can’t stand people; hate the ones I know and despise the one’s I’ve been lucky enough not to meet yet. Loathe the world utterly. I wish I could avoid going to the shop. It’s nice in here. Except for the terrible dreaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment