My Blog List

Tuesday 22 June 2010

Drugs.

After two years of heavy pain relief medication I'm starting to realise how I've been affected. Although I cut down six months ago, and now rarely take any at all, I continue to feel depressed, stressed and slow. It's mainly the slowness that's bothering me. I want to do things but it's difficult to work up any motivation. I decide to take action and then spend hours (and sometimes days) pondering all the possibilities before actually doing anything; that's if I actually do anything at all.

Luckily I've had no problems coming off the medication. I know people on the same, or similar, meds who've been taking them for much longer than me and they seem to suffer the same demotivation without any of the pleasant side effects that I enjoy so much.

I'd be quite happy to be totally free of pharmaceutical supports but unfortunately I have to continue taking the shit for my heart and I will never be without a need for pain relief thanks to various problems with my pelvis and spine. i appreciate the effects of the medication but I loathe the side effects.

Drugs should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment